Parkland College is concerned for the safety and well-being of its students, faculty, staff and visitors. In response to this concern, we have created a Crisis Management Team and a Crisis Management Plan.
The Parkland Crisis Management Team meets on a regular basis and consists of the following members:
- Linda Moore, Vice President, Student Services: A123 • 351-2551
- Von Young, Director, Public Safety/Chief of Police: X109 • 3351-2884
- Marietta Turner, Dean of Students: A115 • 3351-2505
- Kris Young, Vice President, Academic Services : A117 • 351-2542
- John Sheahan, Director, Counseling & Advising: A258 • 3351-2555
- Jim Bustard, Director, Physical Plant: X108 • 3351-2211
- Bonita Burgess, Associate Director, Public Safety: X109 • 353-2313
- Patty Lehn, Director, Marketing and Public Relations: X126A • 353-2683
The Crisis Management Plan, detailed in chapter one of the Policies and Procedures Manual
, identifies the steps this Team will take to prepare for each phase of crisis management: prevention, crisis management, and post-crisis management. An emergency protocol for the campus is included, along with questions to consider during the evaluation phase of post-crisis management.