Study in San José, Costa Rica, May 29 - June 29, 2014
Adventure awaits as you explore beautiful Costa Rica! This five-week program provides a total immersion experience through intensive language classes, family homestays, and excursions to exotic and fascinating places. Costa Rica is a peaceful and democratic country. Its capital, San José, enjoys year-round temperatures in the 70s and is the cultural center of the country with its breathtaking National Theatre, museums, galleries, and shops.
Spanish Language and Latin American Cultures (SPA 101-220 / HUM 106)
- Learn Spanish in Latin America! Receive 20 hours of language instruction per week.
- Visits Manuel Antonio National Park, Arenal Volcano, and La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
- Soak up the history and culture of Costa Rica via numerous afternoon museum visits in San José.
- Participate in weekly “town meetings” with Illinois faculty to keep you connected.
- Experience real Costa Rican life in your family homestay.
- Marvel at the flora and fauna of this lush landscape.
Estimated Program Cost: $2,999Helpful Websites: College of DuPage Study Abroad Costa Rica
Includes round-trip airfare from Chicago, hotel accommodations on included excursions, double occupancy home stay, breakfast and dinner during home stay, transfers to and from the airport in San Jose, admissions and excursions listed as included in the cost of the program and textbooks for the language classes.
Illinois Consortium for International Studies and Programs (ICISP) Program Contact:
Jody Littleton, 217/351-2532 or firstname.lastname@example.org