Why Study Abroad with Parkland?
Earn college credit while studying abroad.
Cultivate a world view—essential in today’s society.
Be more than a tourist abroad.
Have a life-changing experience.
Gain independence and self-confidence.
Study abroad looks great on your résumé.
Choosing a Program
Parkland offers full semester and summer opportunities. Before selecting a destination consider:
- your availability—when and how much time you can commit
- personal interest /cultural affinity to the destination (family background, etc.)
- courses you may need for your academic studies
- cost of the study abroad program
How to Get Started
Ideally, 12 months before your chosen study abroad program begins, select your destination and contact the study abroad coordinator, Jody Littleton, at 217/351-2532 or email email@example.com
> Application deadlines for summer and fall: usually mid-March–April
> Application deadlines for spring: mid-October
Jody will help guide you through the application and travel preparation process. You will need to:
- Submit the program application.
Applications require transcripts, a personal essay, and at least two recommendations from faculty members who know you as a person as well as a student.
- Meet with your academic advisor regarding course selection in order to stay on schedule for graduation and/or transfer.
- Make arrangements to pay for the program. Check our Study Abroad funding page for tips and visit Illinois Consortium for International Studies and Programs (ICISP) for scholarship and funding ideas.
- Get your passport.
- Attend the program orientation (required).
- Make travel arrangements.
- Head to the airport!
Take advantage of these educational and travel opportunities by:
Parkland programs are endorsed by: